Welcome to my blog, “Small Bizz Blog”. My name is Natalie Perron, and I have always loved writing, and blogged as a hobby here and there. I’ve found a sense of purpose in blogging recently, to support the small business community amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hi guys! My name’s Natalie. I’m a college student, studying to be a middle school social studies teacher. I also work part time at a childcare center, where I help elementary-age students with their e-learning.
Why start a small business support blog then? This doesn’t have anything to do with my field. However, I love to write, I love the process of interviewing and getting to know people and their stories, and I would love to utilize these interests to help those that work hard everyday. The young entrepreneurs, the local boutique owners, the people that want to turn their side hustle into their main hustle. Small businesses!
Why small businesses?
- How easy is it for us to order an Amazon package for every gift this Holiday season? We all do it. Myself included. Or maybe Target? Walmart? All of these large corporations and chains make shopping very convenient, with the click of a button, with mobile apps, with same-day shipping. Over time this hurts small businesses, individuals who work hard everyday to compete with these large corporations.
- This is not a call to action to boycott Amazon, we know how hard the delivery drivers and warehouse employees work to get our packages delivered on time. Rather, it is a call to adjust our shopping preferences. When there is a small business option, try and opt for it. Go to your local pizza place instead of ordering Papa John’s. Buy Christmas gifts from your friend’s Etsy shop instead of cheap, mass-produced jewelry from the mall. Order that birthday cake from someone with their own home bakery rather than your grocery store sometimes.
- All businesses who work hard deserve support, but the COVID-19 pandemic has hurt many small businesses, and my goal is to bring attention and recognition to those small business owners who deserve it. To make the impact of a pandemic on small businesses a positive one, not a negative one. To encourage my readers to shop small!
So, if you are interested in the why, and you want to be a part of this change for the better, continue reading below! 🙂
How will this blog help small businesses?
- This blog will feature small businesses who reach out to me, or give me permission to blog about them after I reach out to them.
- The feature stories will provide information about the business, business owner, how to support them, what they sell, and feature their best products, or photographs of their business.
- Every month there will also be a “Local Listing”, a feature of about 3 or 4 small businesses in a specific area. Being a U.S. blogger, this listing would frequently feature U.S. small businesses. As a blogger living in Maryland, businesses in the Baltimore area and states surrounding Maryland would more frequently be shown, but any small business is eligible to be featured. The Local Listing will give preference to businesses who are unable to sell their goods/services online such as restaurants, repair companies, salons, and more!
- I want to accomplish great things with this blog, but in order to do that, I need the help and support to make this a platform that small businesses can trust. No negativity here! Only positivity and appreciation for the businesses that are featured. Please, share this blog with your family and friends to help it gain the attention needed to bring support to the businesses I feature on here!
I know that with your support this blog can grow and thrive, and become a known platform for small businesses to be recognized and gain their own customer following. Small business support comes in many forms. Every little purchase, gift, or share, even by word of mouth makes a difference.
If you own a small business, or know someone who does, and wants to be featured on this blog, please contact me! Don’t hesitate to reach out for the recognition and support you and your business deserve! All comments and inquiries can be emailed to me at email@example.com. Having “Small Bizz Inquiry” in the subject line is appreciated.
Let’s work together to support small businesses! Email me with any questions, or reach out to me on my instagram, @smallbizzblog.
-I will feature those with Etsy and Depop stores in addition to those with their own websites, Instagram stores, or something similar. Those without online stores can be featuring in the “Local Listing” with a few other businesses in their area once per month.
-I will not be featuring consultants who work under a larger corporation, such as LuLaRoe or Pampered Chef, sorry. Only those who created their small business on their own or with a few others in a partnership can be featured for the time being.
Bye for now!